FAME Strategic Priorities
Our focus is workforce talent
Improve collaboration with workforce educators and help advanced manufacturing companies recruit, hire and train skilled workers.
- Direct curriculum development and worker training, focusing on the adaptability and retraining of our existing workforce.
- Determine new certificate programs.
- Improve course offerings and curriculum.
- Engage students in careers through work opportunities.
- Inform companies with community college’s incumbent worker programs.
- Address barriers to employment such as transportation issues.
- FAME Educator FACT Sheet
Build a pipeline of skilled qualified advanced manufacturing candidates, by engaging youth in pursuing manufacturing careers.
- Engage K-12 students in careers through work opportunities and activities.
- Establish tours, internships and job shadows with companies.
- Work with community college and community organizations to engage students in tours and internships.
- Provide classroom presentations.
- Determine grant funds available to companies for help in hosting/funding internship opportunities and special student initiatives.
- FAME Parent FACT Sheet
Raise awareness about the importance of and opportunities in advanced manufacturing.
- Conduct outreach in the community.
- Sponsor and host outreach and networking events.
- Create educational tools and information to support the advanced manufacturing sector.
- FAME Economic Development FACT Sheet